Inconsideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Special Olympics sports training, competition or fundraising activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious and/or communicable diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBYRELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Special Olympics, Inc, Special Olympics Rhode Island, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY,DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THENEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. I will follow the policies, rules, and procedures of Special Olympics Rhode Island.
6. I will place the safety and well-being of the Special Olympics athletes as foremost.
7. I will interact with the Special Olympics athletes in an appropriate and dignified manner that any athlete or individual deserves.
8. I will represent Special Olympics Rhode Island in a professional manner that presents a positive image to the community.
9. I will accept challenges using a constructive approach.
10. I grant Special Olympics permission to use my likeness, voice, and words in television, radio, film, or in any form to promote activities of Special Olympics.I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OFLIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTANDTHAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IF FREELYAND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FORPARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities I for myself, my spouse, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s/ward’s presence or participation inthese activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
Please tell us your t-shirt size
Enter a response